segunda-feira, 20 de agosto de 2007

Miths


This weekend I didn't study at all. I went to a wedding, shopping, bought some clothes (pants and socks). Also I slept at my girlfriend's apartament. But I hadn't the guts to sit down and read one of the million books I have to know by heart.


However, I bought a very interesting book, that no-one would regret of reading: "The Power of Mith", by Joseph Campbell. It's about the influence of miths and mithology over us, what it means, and where it leads to. That's not about indian masks, but much more. The work deals with the most deep manhood's willings of intense life. Symbols have a main role in our lives, showing the ways to follow and the goals to reach. Without those signs, life experience loses its sense and passion. This is one of the main problems of modern life: the material and scientifical improvement despise our symbolic parts, taking away an important part of ourselves.

Nenhum comentário: